The math unit that was being taught while I was on practicum was polygons, which ended just as my time in the school was ending. As such, I taught a couple of lessons that were a review of the unit, using activities along the way. I did two main ones, a Jeopardy-like game and an activity where students found the right answer of the board and hit it with a spatula. These both involved students answering questions to gain points for their team, with the latter involved them competing against another person one-on-one. There were varying levels of math understanding in the classroom, as is the case with all classrooms, so that meant making sure there were questions that reflected those abilities. For Jeopardy, I simply matched a question to the amount of points it was worth. I also made alternate rules to ensure students found success; students had to try to answer the question on their own the first time, but after that, they could use their team to help them. For the spatula-based game, I paired students based on their math ability, but so it was not incredibly obvious that I was calling names based on that I marked students’ names on a sheet so I had groups to pull names from. This meant that students were not going up against the same person every time, and that I could modify the difficulty of the question to suit their needs. I think that in both cases the system could have been run smoother, and in a way that was less obvious about ability. Having a subtly colour coded jar of objects with names on it to draw from could be a solution. The questions were also quite obviously followed an easy, medium, or hard format, which may have singled students out, and I think some clever wording or more liberal use of easy and medium questions could help with that. Math 4 Jeopardy Review