I am still very much learning how to effectively incorporate the First People’s Principals of Learning into my practice. They are a part of every lesson, I can tell you how they are taught, but it is usually in the background, it is learned but not said. I know that I need to work on making it explicit, to explain to students the things they are learning and why. I want it to be visible and discussed, but am still working on exactly how that fits into the classroom. Before we start our unit on fiction and non-fiction, and talk about the learning done through stories, the students should know where that comes from and how important it is. When I tell a student that it takes time and patience to learn a language, they should already know where that comes from. I covered the First People’s Principals of Learning in my class, students were taught that there are consequences for actions, that it takes patience and time to learn, that stories memory and history are key places to get information from, and some of the learning was definitely for the benefit of their community and our planet, but I need to work on bringing that learning into the forefront.